Dancing Bear (Two Way)-Ottuq Shaa
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- 2 1/2 d x 5 1/2 w x 6 h (in)
- Two Way Bear-This bear can stand two different ways, on its back left leg, or can be inverted to stand on the front right leg. To create a sculpture that can balance requires skill, bears that can stand multiple ways are a sign of a talented and experienced sculptor.
- Comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- Carved by hand in Kinngait (Formerly Cape Dorset) Nunavut
- All our Inuit sculptures are carved from a single piece of stone, locally sourced from the carvers community, most commonly Serpentine or Argillite. These stones are carvable but are significantly harder than soapstone.
- The Dancing Bear motif represents Harmony with nature, The bear acts like a person, showing we are connected. The bear is shown as happy to represent the idea that if the natural world is happy, then people will be happy also.