Beaded Moosehide Slippers-Flower Design-Multi
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Handmade in Yukon by Nancy Hager
- Commercially tanned moosehide
- Beaver trim
- Lined with shearling
- Purple beaded flower design
- Approx ladies size 11
- Nancy is from Na Cho Nyak Dun First Nation, and her materials are collected in the Mayo area of the Yukon where she lives and works.
- The word moccasin originates from the Algonquin language. This word was used by settlers and has come to refer to any kind of indigenous slipper. Each First Nation have their own style of slipper that have been in constant creation for generations, generally handed down through one generation teaching the next.