Shipping calculated at checkout.
- 3 d x 4 w x 5 3/4 h (in)
- Comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- Carved by hand in Ivujivik, Nunavik, Northern Quebec
- Hand etched with northern scenes
- All our Inuit sculptures are carved from a single piece of stone, locally sourced from the carvers community, most commonly Serpentine or Argillite. These stones are carvable but are significantly harder than soapstone.
- The Inukshuk is an important image in the far north. Above the tree line there are few landscape markers, the land is flat and mostly snow covered tundra. Inukshuk were stacks of stones build in the shape of a person. They had many uses: to mark a water source or Caribou migration path, some were used as food caches. In recent years it has come to symbolize northern resilience.