Ladies Beaded Slippers-Floral Design Size 8
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Handmade in Yukon by Cathy Smith
- Commercially tanned moosehide
- Beaver trim
- Lined with fleece
- Purple beaded flower design
- Approx. ladies size 8
- Cathy was born in Whitehorse and is a Kwanlin Dün First Nations citizen. She was taught by her mother, elder and well known artisan, Annie Smith. Annie raised her children on the income from her craft and taught her daughters her skills.
- The word moccasin originates from the Algonquin language. This word was used by settlers and has come to refer to any kind of indigenous slipper. Each First Nation have their own style of slipper that have been in constant creation for generations, generally handed down through one generation teaching the next.